Ground Blind Vs Box Blind
Updated By HuntBlind Experts on May 20, 2021
Looking to invest in a new hunting blind?
Not sure what blind is for you?
This article will compare the Box/tower Blind with the ground blind. Allowing you to identify what blind best suit you.
What is a Ground Blind?
Ground blind, are hunting blinds that are surprise surprise on the ground. They are easy to assemble and the vast majority of them are popup. Like a tent. Their camo complexion allows you to hide from deer, with most having brushing hoops that allow you to further conceal the blind.
In addition to this, ground blinds are lightweight and easy to move to different locations. Most blinds come with an over the shoulder carry case.
- Easy to transport
- Easy to brush in
- Don’t need to be near a tree
- Less risk of injury
- Kill zones are larger since you’re at ground level and not elevated
- Great for those who are less mobile
- You’re in a deer’s line of sight.
- Don’t get the same aerial views
- You don’t have the full 360 degrees of viewing capabilities since should be closed
- Thinner materials, colder hunts
- Flat plane shots, which isn’t as safe.
What is a Box Blind?
Box blinds, often referred to as tower blinds and elevated blinds are hunting blinds elevated off the ground by a sturdy wooden structure, with a hunting blind on top. This allows hunters to get a better viewing point and gets them out of the eye-line of the deer.
- Better view, able to see further distances
- Choose the height you want to be at
- It puts you out of a deer’s line of sight
- Shots are at downward angles, which is safer
- Better build quality and materials
- Harder to transport
- Harder to setup
- Steeper shot angles make kill zones smaller
- Limited space
- Higher risk of injury due to a fall
- No protection from the wind
- Expensive option
Overall, what hunting blind is the best completely depends on what you are after. If you are looking for a blind that is easily transported and easy to set up, that doesn’t break the bank the ground blinds are probably best for you.
However, if you are looking to get a better view and a blind that takes you out of the eye line of the deer. Box blinds the ones.
I know what your thinking.
‘Now I have decided what blind I want how do I know what the best blind ground/box blinds?’
Don’t worry I have done the research so you don’t have to:
I hope this resource has proven useful, If you like what you see check out other resources linked below 🙂